Your room is the size in which M60's or M22's would both work very well.

Like Peter said, if you aren't going to be at least 10' away from the speakers while listening, the M22's may be the better choice for you.

Here are my suggestions:

If you're 10' or more away from the mains while listening, by all means, go with the M60ti mains.

If you can't sit back at least 10', don't hesitate in getting the M22ti. If you're sitting that close, and your room is only 220 sq. ft., they'll work wonders for you.

I've never heard the VP100 or QS4's, but I can tell you that the VP150 is superbly clean, and the QS8's are the best surround speakers I've ever heard. Having said that, I've never heard anyone say they didn't like their QS4's or VP100 for that matter either.

Don't skimp on the subwoofer. One word for you. Hsu. 'Nuff said.

Don't let budget steer your purchase. If you have to, but the speakers piece by piece. This speaker system should last you 10+ years. If you were to go all out and get the M60ti, VP150, QS8's and Hsu STF-2, that breaks down to about $200/year ($17/month). A pretty fair price to pay for 10 years of kick ass music and movies.

I'm not suggesting you get yourself into piles of debt to buy all that gear. Save up, and buy them piece by piece. You'll be glad you did. Keep an eye on the outlet for bargains. (Don't forget to email Amie as well. Many times there are items available at outlet prices which have not made their way to the site!)