Cool, thanks. The most interesting thing I'm wondering about is placement from the back wall. In the review I read he had decided any closer than 24 inches from the back wall and the M80's bass sounded too 'boomy' to him. On the other hand, any further out than 24 inches and he said they started to sound a bit 'thin'. Perhaps I like 'boomy', because when I pulled them out (I tried them at 36, 30, 26, 24, 20, 18, and 15 inches from the back wall) much more than 20 inches and I could tell the bass dropped off a bit. Closer than 20 inches and the bass started to get a little blurry, not as punchy sounding (to me anyway).

To tell you the truth, before reading that article I had settled in at 18 inches. After reading it I played around with the placement some more and though I didn't like them 24 inches out, I did realize I liked them better at 20 than I did my previous placement of 18 inches away. I know, I know, 2 inches couldn't have made 'THAT' much of a difference. But believe me, I did move them back and forth quite a bit, and I truely did like them better at 20 then at 18.

So just for shits and giggles experiment just a bit with the placement if you haven't done so in a while, you just might find out (like I did) that the slightest change could make a fairly noticeable difference that you weren't aware of before. Also I must note, for the first 5 or 6 weeks I had both M80's toed in to the point that they were directly facing me in the captians chair. While that sounded very good, I came to find that backing them off a hair (they are now aimed about 2 feet out on either side of where I sit) actually gave off a more spacious sounding presentation.

Not to deviate from (my own) topic, but I just stumbled across 'in-ceiling' subwoofers on the internet the other day, has anyone ever had any experience with these at all? That would be a great way to add bass to an existing system, while also keeping those women happy that are strictly against 'big, ugly boxs' cluttering up their living rooms!!! Axiom doesn't make any, but there were offerings from JBL, Klipsch, Velodyne, Harmon Kardon, Boston Acoustics, Polk Audio and more.

Sounds like an interesting alternative for anyone experienceing space issues, or anyone in general looking for creative ways to expand their systems.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD