Hi,
Right now I have 7 M3v2's in a 7.1 config. Lately I have felt that the front end needed help. I am not sure if it is just the mains or the centre as well. I was mulling over going to M22's (would need new stands,or will Axiom sell the shorter tube?) and a VP 150 so I would have 5 1/4 across the front and 6.5's for surrounds. I also listen to sacd/dvda so I am not sure about this setup. My other idea was m80 or probably more likely m60 with vp150. In this setup I would have 5 1/4's and 6.5s across the front and 6.5s as surrounds. incidently, why doesn't Axiom make a centre with 6.5s?? Spousal unit would probably freak at the 80s, will still freak at the 60's but hey...what can you do? I have Paradigm Monitor 7's upstairs in a 5.1 so she has at least been exposed to floorstanders!!! I have the ep 350 in the mix as well.
What would the 60s do that the M22's paired with a sub could not do?
Room is roughly 24' X 28' with 7' foot drop ceilings. I sit about 13' from the mains. Carpeted floors big puffy couches , room is fairly good sound wise..at least to my ears!! No slap echo or anything like that!!
Electronics so far are a Marantz 7500 as temporary prepro, Bryston 3bst for mains, Bryston powerpac for centre, 3bst for side surrounds and a parasound for rears...if this matters!!
Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!
Thanks,
Mike