Agreed. I've also gone from a square room to one with a .5 ratio in dimensions. No better.

As for the seating arrangement, I consider the couch to be the primary seating as I have already experimented with the projector in there with nothing but camp chairs and I prefer that distance for the screen size.

The room dimensions didn't allow a lot of room to play with the seating unless I had omitted the bar. Keeping the bar and using 'real' furniture were decisions partially made to help on the WAF as she had strong fears of it feeling way too theater like and not "Cozy" or "homey" at all.

In the initial planning stage, I also was concerned about the 12' null and decided I should go leaving my current EP500 front and center and adding two side facing EP350s as you have done. I consider it overkill for a room that size but it may help even more with those half room nulls. I could still be twisted in that direction but then might wish I had nulls to hide in when I get the blast from my wife. Optically, two new subs are much harder to explain than one new sub, even if the price difference is marginal.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.