Welcome raoshree!

I remember about 5 years ago when I got my first Axiom system, pretty much the same as your, except an EP350 (v1). It was my first decent speaker setup. I now have some different subs, and the M80's, but your setup will be awesome.

One question, you say your house is prewired. Placement for best sound is key, where do you have your left/right "surround" wires run and left/right main speakers? I assume your only going with 5.1 for now. The Qs8's will perform best if they are 2-3ft or higher above ear level when seated. Again, these would go to the sides of your listeners for 5.1, not behind that is for 7.1.

The Axiom speakers are pretty efficient and easy to drive, so most decent brandname receivers will do just fine. I would say go with Denon, HK, Yamaha, Onkyo, Sherwood Newcastle (Axiom sells). I don't like Sony receivers, but they would work as well. It depends on what bells and whistles you want. What is your budget for a receiver? If you order online, make sure your going with an "authorized" etailer for that brand. I purchased my Denon from 6ave.com

Placement of a subwoofer is also important to find the best sound in "your" room, all rooms are different. Are you saying they already ran a line for a sub location? If so, you need to leave some slack so you can move the sub a few feet left/right of the location to get the best results. It is best to have multiple locations run for coax, as you never know where the sub will end up until you do some testing for best performance.

That is one mistake I made when having my room prewired...

Last edited by sirquack; 09/19/09 03:16 PM.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85