Yeah, and that's where TiVo has anything else beat.

You can search keywords, or decide you want to automatically record every Hitchcock, even if it's on some obscure channel at 4am. I've had many times of remembering some old, obscure movie that I'd like to see again and, after entering the info, find that TiVo records it a couple of months later for me. It will also record programming that it thinks you will like based on past choices or how you "rate" programs.

True story that I've repeated here previously:

When I first set up my first TiVo, I had set it to record a few things overnight, as it was late and I was going to bed. I searched the guide and put in The Birdcage, another movie that I don't remember and another show that I don't remember anymore. I had the TiVo set to also record it's "suggestions".

The next morning, those three things were recorded, as well as about 9 other shows. It only took me half a minute to realize that, coincidentally, the two shows I put in besides The Birdcage had prominent gay characters. The reason I was even aware of it was because almost all the other shows it recorded on it's own had a gay theme or prominent gay characters.

Yes, my TiVo, with it's limited knowledge of my preferences at this point, decided I was gay. \:\)

Seriously, though, the TiVo "guide" capability is what makes it so superior to a "dumb" DVR....

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::