Fellow Axiomites!

I need help choosing a new television! It will be for general family viewing (cable/dvds/movies) for mostly evening and some daytime viewing. Viewing distance is approximately 11 feet. There isn't much ambient light and the night-time lighting isn't overly bright (mostly lit by wall sconces). It will be replacing a Sony 51 inch CRT rear project television (which will be re-located in our newly developed basement until such time that I can replace it with a 110" front projection screen).

Current budget is $3000-3500, but this needs to include a TV stand for ~$500. So $2500-$3000 for the television.

I want something close to 60" and am partial to plasma - seems to be better value at larger sizes and I'm partial to its picture quality.

I've narrowed my choices down to the following three.

- Samsung PN58B650 from E-Outlet Canada for $2500 (incl. shipping). This is a refurbished unit and is probably my top choice if it weren't refurbished.
- Samsung PN58B550 from Leons for $2479 (new television)
- LG 60PS70 from Future Shop, on sale for $2400 (new television).

I considered some Panasonics but I cannot find any G10 series and the V10 series are too expensive.

Any recommendations? Anyone with these televisions who care to comment?

I'm also interested in your thoughts on buying a refurbished television. E-Outlet Canada seems reputable but I've never dealt with them.

Thanks for your input and advice!

Bryan

P.S. I'm in Calgary (Canada) so these prices are Canadian and my initial choices are limited to availability in Calgary.