Hi Guys, I know this has been talked about alot here, just too lazy to look up the old threads.

I my wife and I are making some consmetic changes to our dedicated HT room. I am currently running 5.1 with QS8's on the side walls. When we built the house we roughed in the wiring for the back speakers if in case I ever wanted to go to 7.1. I need to know if as per our new decorating plan (due the location of moldings and accoustical panels) is if 7.1 in our future.

In order for myself to move to 7.1, I would need two new speakers, I am betting QS8's but I am open to suggestions. I would also need a 2nd power amplifer. My Rotel pre/pro is 7.1 capable, so that is a bit of a relief. With the additional amplifer and speakers I am probaly looking at around $500 to $800 (depending on speakers and amp).

I have looked at just about all 100 DVD's that I own and they are all in 5.1.

So the question is, for those of you that are running 7.1, is it worth spending $500 plus to move to 7.1? Yes, I know this is a very subjective question, but I trust you guys. Is there really that much of a difference, even though the software is only recoreded in 5.1? Or, is that money better spent on a new something or other? And what is up with movie industry and not moving to 7.1. It has been around for many years, whay are they sticking with 5.1?

Thanks

pn

paul

Axiom M80, VP180, Qs8, EP500
Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990