Originally Posted By: Riker

From what I calculated, I would need 6 ATS panels of 2X4' to cover 80% of my wall surface..
Cheers,
Stephane

Hi Stephane,

I think I am probably misunderstanding you when you say cover 80% of your wall surface. If you mean covering your entire wall surface with acoustic panels, you can save some money as you definitely would not want to do that. You would only want a couple of bass traps, often in the corners and a few anti-reflective acoustical panels in just the primary reflection points in the room. Some folks might even say, that they are only required for overly reflective rooms but I'm no expert at that level. I myself built some into my basement HT room as 3/4 walls are pretty empty with concrete behind them.

Good music/theater sound actually relies on natural reflection points. if you cover the entire room, the sound will sound (and I don't have the correct terms here but essentially,) flat and deadened.

If you are talking about soundproofing inside the walls or some other matter, please excuse me cutting into the conversation.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.