Greetings everyone, newbie here so please be gentle.

I seek some feedback, advice, and opinions please regarding my home theatre setup. My wife does not like playback to be very loud but I like to hear as much detail as possible. I am considering two M80's and a single VP150 for my LCR channels (already have sub & surrounds).

1. Will I hear more detail at LOW volumes going with the M60/VP100 or M60/VP150 combo instead?

2. Will an external amp give me more detail at LOW volumes over a Denon 3808?

3. Will an external amp give me better sound and/or more detail over a Denon 3808 regardless of volume?

4. I like my centre to match as closely to the mains as possible, but the VP150 doesn't, on paper at least, look like it can keep up with two M80's. I'm using a front projector and would get a third M80 for my centre if I could, but would need to lie it down on its side under the screen. Any ideas how that might sound?

5. Alternatively, I'm considering two VP100's or two VP150's stacked on top of each other under the screen (unable to mount one above the screen). Any comments on how that may sound?

6. Lastly, I'm also considering two M22's side by side under the screen. Any opinions on how that might work out?

Which of the options do you think would sound best? Am I crazy to even consider this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!