Originally Posted By: bdpf
That's it! I have to get myself one of those! I know that a lot of people recommend the One but it's a bit pricey. How do the other ones perform, like 620, 700, 880 or 890 (even though I don't need the RF for now)? Is the One worth the extra $$$ ?

I've seen the 880 at Costco for ~$150, the 890 as low as $199 but currently $229 at FShop. The RF adapter is ~$170 if you buy separately, but it comes with the 890.

If IIRC the One has a touch screen for 3 activities/functions while the 880/890 has 8 activities/functions using hard buttons next to the screen. I had to buy a new battery for it after 3 years of use. I got one for 15.00 online from a reputable site.

Also consider that the 890 has IR and RF, so even if you don't need RF now, if you ever set up another room or Zone (outside?) you could do this later and if you ever want to put you equipment in a closet or behind something solid, you will have this capability. This is the feature that my wife likes the most. All the equipment is in the basement for the TV on the main floor.

One last point AVR 890 ------- Harmony 890

You see something the same ;\)

HG Cherry M60's,VP150,Qs8's,EP350