More great stuff:

Duke Robillard: start with Duke's Blues, try more if you like it. And you will like it!
Roomful Of Blues: try The First Album, move on from there. A truly swingin' outfit! In business for about 30 years, through many personnel changes (including Duke Robillard and Jimmie Vaughan, therefore the sound of the band varies from disc to disc. Also highly recommend Hot Little Mamma!
Charles Brown: on the jazzier side. Try Honeydripper. Fabulous song selection, and wonderfully warm production.
More: Delbert McClinton comfortably, and in a most satisfying fashion, straddles blues and country. Clapton's From The Cradle is a dynamite contemporary tribute to the old masters. Jonny Lang's first cd is a plenty impressive blues-pop hybrid, 'tho a touch too polished for my taste. Almost anything by Albert Collins (his ruminations on male-female relations are pretty funny). Even funnier, try Elvin Bishop (amusing, and a hot guitar player, too). Buddy Guy, natch. And Colin James' two Little Big Band discs are not to be missed. Purists might call for my lynching, but the origianal soundtrack to the Blues Brothers movie has been getting steady rotation in my house for better than 20 years.
You're just beginning a journey of musical joy, and I envy you your discovery. The blues is a pretty big world (and jazz is just a step away), so enjoy it, my friend! Cheers.

DS.