Originally Posted By: Albert001
Also I forgot to mention that I was planning on mounting my LCD up on the wall. A little above eye level while seated.

A suggestion. Cut out a piece of cardboard or some other template to be the size of the display you're getting. Hang it on the wall where you plan to place the TV. Sit, and look at it for 15+ minutes. It may seem a little silly to stare at a piece of cardboard for that time, but it'll let you know how your neck will feel after a viewing session.

Just a little above eye-level probably won't be a problem. But if you have to hold your head in an inclined position to look at the screen you could be in for some neck pain if you plan to spend a good amount of time watching the set.

Oh, and the speakers really should be as close to possible to the mid-line of the display. That'll make on-screen action seem to be coming from the screen. You don't see the main channel speakers in a movie theater at eye level, because you don't see them at all, they're behind the screen--aligned with the mid-line.

Pioneer PDP-5020FD, Marantz SR6011
Axiom M5HP, VP160HP, QS8
Sony PS4, surround backs
-Chris