Hi All.
Thanks to the folks on this board I decided to give myself a little x-mas present and buy Axioms (M60ti, VP 150 and 2 QS-8) plus a HSU VTF-2 sub. I'm replacing an Energy Encore System but my home theater in my new home (25lx17wx10h) was too much for them. I currently have a Marantz SR-7000 reciever. I'm having a hard time blending the VTF-2 with this system and the Axioms sound very bright. It was almost painful listening to classical music last night. The Lord of the Rings Two Towers did sound good however.

I asked Dr. Hsu for his recomendations and he said I should ditch the Marantz (said you can't set the crossover on it, not a good receiver) and get an Onkyo TX SR501. If a new receiver will make my system sound better than I'm all for it. However, is the SR501 the best receiver to buy? I'm willing to spend around $500 bucks (if it will make my system sound warm). I listen to about 75% movies, 25% music. I'm thinking about getting the Onkyo TX SR-601 or the Harmon Kardon AV325. Any Axiom owners out there care to share your experiences with these receivers and your Axiom/Hsu set up? Any other receivers, in the $500 price range, I should take a look at? Thanks in advance. I'm really looking to getting the most out of my new speakers/sub.

Regards,
Asahi