I'm not sure how much I can help you, but there are plenty on this forum who can. I have the same speakers and sub as you running through my Yamaha RXV1400. (Retail $800., bought online for $588.) I am quite satisfied with the sound. I would say my setup at first may have been a little bright, if you will, until I; 1) I have hardwood floors in a 20x12 room, added a area rug(only a 6x7 1/2 helped) 2) I messed with the treble and bass a little 3) I think most importantly for me anyway was messed with the positioning of the fronts. I have them about 6 1/2 feet apart and just slightly toed in. I sit about 14 feet away, although the sound is good around the whole room. I hear alot of people talking about "warm receivers/bright receivers" I guess my Yamaha is one of the bright ones...??? I don't know if there really is such a thing. I hear alot about Harmon Kardon being warmer. Alot of talk on the HK525. Also Dennon. I am sure someone here can help more on that. Good luck. IMO, you have a nice setup. (Speakers, that is ) Hope you get all figured out.

Panasonic TC-P50G15, DMP-BD60
Yamaha RX-V1400
Axiom M60's,VP150,QS8's
Hsu VTF2