Originally Posted By: PeterChenoweth
 Originally Posted By: Dr.House
Wouldn't they want more of an accurate/studio sounding headphone?

I haven't heard the Dr. Dre/Lady Gaga/whatever headphones we're talking about. I've seen them around though, so they do appear popular. I do think it's a bit presumptuous of us to just assume that these are crummy headphones. I mean, yes, I feel a little prejudiced against them too because they're not made by Shure, Etymotic, Grado, Sennheiser, AKG, or one of the other half-dozen brands I feel are "worthy".

But they may be very good. Or they may be crap. I don't know 'till I've heard them.

But yes, it seems that 1+ year ago, any time you saw someone wearing headphones on TV, they'd always be Bose cans. Now it seems they're wearing either standard white Apple earbuds (Vancouver Olympic games, I'm looking at you) or these new rap-star-marketeer cans.

I have read a few reviews of them. What these cans strive for is over-emphasized bass. Based on the marketing of Dr. Dre with these it makes sense that they would have this kind of sound signature-which would be appealing to the teenager that likes that "boom boom" car audio sound - not somebody in the studio. It is also interesting headroom does not show measurements of the Monster headphones yet every single other headphone on their site has measurements provided. It makes me assume Monster does not want their specs published. Because of their noise cancellation they would be good for blocking out outside noise on a airplane.

You always see Bose, Apple and now Monster products because they pay for product placements. Either to be used by actors in the movie/tv show or to be worn by athletes (Michael Phelps). It is very common to see bose headphones on television shows especially if the scene is on a airplane - thats the market Bose wants to appeal/market their product too.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne