Originally Posted By: alan
Hi Dean,

Thanks for your thoughtful post. Like you, I also prefer a somewhat elevated soundstage, which is why I mostly use my M22s on stands for home theater because they are at the same level as my large screen display, whereas the M80s stand on the floor.

I wanted to be cautious in my recommendations re Axiomoholic, because while in theory there shouldn't be a dramatic difference in performance inverting floorstanding speakers, I've frankly never done any controlled listening tests to inverted speakers. Our tests at Axiom of the in-cabinet models were performed blind with non-inverted speakers, so that is the performance I rated and know.

It's certainly something that can be put to experimentation before any major installation work is done, although it would be awkward. It might be worthwhile doing the tests in mono, with one speaker inverted and the other floorstanding, just to see what differences in tonal balance might result, if any.

Regards,
Alan

Hi Alan,

No doubt you need to be careful about what you say since many might make invalid assumptions about it. It would be interesting to see the results of a controlled test since all my experience in the mater is anecdotal.

I’ve been planning to test a couple new configurations I haven’t tried yet and might also have to try the test you suggest to see what inverting one speaker does. I have a switch that would all me to play both simultaneously and also A/B/C compare them individually and in tandem.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1