Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Why on earth are we arguing about this?

I'm arguing the point because I care. I have a great deal of respect for Audioholics as a audio/video media outlet and Axiom as a company and what each of them stands for. I also think it is silly to be critical of "first looks" of products that offer no objective value and are normally puff pieces that don't always have complete information of the final product. Product reviews on the other hand are a different story.

Audioholics was also influential in the branding of Axiom and exposure to the benefits of the internet business model - when this was quite new and still intimidating to the consumer. Audioholics offered Axiom with a great deal of exposure that trickled down into many other media outlets. They were certainly one of the major players to the marketing of the Axiom brand and the audio ID model in general. Much of the virality of Axiom products was during their M3 shootout, M22 and Epic 80 review in early 2000-2004 periods. So while you might not like audioholics as a media outlet, part of what Axiom is today and the exposure they receive is because of them.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne