As nice at the 'inwall', 'onwall', 'in/on-wall' speakers are - and I know as I have the w22's - which are now called "m" too - because - well, hell if I know that...

I decided that because I have a blank space behind the TV wall in my listening room, I would upgrade to a full cabinet enclosure - and I bought a pair of M60's -= not to be confused with M60 that are floor standing, but these are M60, with a front ports only and have a crossover designed for the boundry effect of being against a wall. Of course, the important thing is that they are called "M" too.

So I ordered them and started playing with placement ideas - and when the speakers arived, I played them - and almost lost my job because it was so darn hard to get to work on time. But I told my boss - It's because of the "m"s. She misunderstood so completely, she walked away. Pheew.

Then, I pulled out the saw and cut out the drywall.

LUCKY ME! There were all these romex wires running between the studs where I was cutting - and I didn't even nick one of them.

A few hours later it dawned on me these wires might be an issue - even for "m" models. Perhaps a call to Alen would be in order ~ "well, we haven't actually done any blind tests with twelve romex cables running through the side walls of any of our speakers."

Interestingly, when my wife got home a bit later, she saw the wires through the gapping holes in her living room (did I call it my listening room earlier? - silly me) and seemed to be a little disappointed that I hadn't nicked any of them.

Current status:
I have cut out a swath of drywall twelve feet by three feet. I will be pulling wire from the main electric box and lowering the fore mentioned romex to new holes closer to the bottom of the wall. Well clear of the M60's.

Low enough also to clear M80's - should Axiom want to send them my way in exchange for the new 60's - yes the "m" models. Because according to my wife, my speaker upgrading days are forever over so this is my last and only chance.