I'm not sure whether I want to take a chance on line, my luck and all. You know Murphy's Law.
I think the stores are limited by how much they can drop a price and still keep the warranty, etc. Is anyone knowledgable on this?
I was told by the person at Best Buy the "HTR" are their own model numbers for The Yamaha series. I just was looking at the Yamaha site and Best But sites.
The Yamaha HTR-5590 from Best Buy has the same front, dimensions and weight as the YamahaRX-V1300 or V1400 (those are the only two that match out of nine RX-Vxxxx models on the Yamaha website). The power output of 100W x 6 is identical to the 1300. So 1300 is the closet match.
However the pics showing the backs are a little different.
Everything is the same except the RX-V1300 has an OUTPUT area which has outputs for:
Subwoofer, Mains Left and Right, Center, Rear Center, Rear(Surround) Left and Right.
You can't zoom in on the picture on the Best Buy site, but it looks like only one output as opposed to seven for the 1300. The only other noticeable difference is the RX-v1300 has a removable power cord..HTR doesn't.