Originally Posted By: JohnK
Dean, thanks for the exhaustive results from what I'd guess was literally the "sweat spot". What are the other three of the best spots?

Yes, the discussion by Dr. Toole and others is almost always prefaced with "in a rectangular room". Looking at your room, there's one of the common two sub arrangements that might be more closely satisfied despite the room irregularity. If you still have the D-10s, trying the diagonally opposite corner arrangement using the red "worst" corner and putting the other one in the lower left corner(which apparently wasn't tried)might be interesting.

Thanks for the suggestion John. When the best locations weren’t panning out I thought I would try pairing off a couple other locations with the bad (I mean really bad) corner since they were off at different frequencies and figured they might balance each other out. I hadn’t really considered the lower left corner since there’s no real “corner” (I’m assuming you mean just south of the screen not clear at the far end of the kitchen). However, by the time I got done on Sunday I was sick of whole process and figured I’d take a break. I do still have the D-10s and will get around to another round of testing shortly, but I just want to do some longer term listening with the present configuration to see if I can live with it since it’s a nice setup that conveniently keeps the subwoofer out of the way.

I wish both the Onkyo and the EQ1 could save measurements from at least 2 positions so I could try out a new setup and keep the best one w/o having to re-run all the EQ measurements. The SN R-972 was suppose to be able to save two sets of measurements but I never kept up with it much after the release since it seemed to be having so many problems.

Being able to save more than one set of EQ measurements will be high on my list of wants when I next upgrade processor(s), and not just for tweaking but also to be able to have two or more speaker configurations depending on what I’m doing.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1