In reply to:

What's the manufacturer/part number on that stuff? Looks good.

Herein lies the tricky part of this search for ultimate cheapness. Once you find it, allowing others access to it is rather difficult and often the material itself has no real brand name and is just the unstamped product being sold prior to getting a brand name label.
When i first started searching i was looking for an online or local shop that i could walk into at any point in time and find/buy what i needed. Then the search sort of turned into a "just how cheap can we find good cable" kind of thing. Sidvicious did find a local place in which he bought cable for about 23 cents a foot. However when trying to buy more cable last week, my friend got shot down b/c he was not a contractor with a business account at the place. Sid lucked out.
Our present search revealed this latest hit but we had to go through 2 other ppl to locate it. At one point we were told the source gets this stuff for 12 cents a foot.

So here was my big question, if a contractor with any business name can setup an account, pay cash for each wire purchase and pay a really low rate, then why not allow any customer to walk in off the street and pay the same amount in cash for what they wanted?
Why does the wholesaler deny the walk in (or even the call ahead) customer?

Some would say, well many customers would only want a small amount of wire and hence the wholesaler cannot be bothered with such ppl wanting small sales. I can agree with that but then why not simply setup a policy, say, "minimum purchase of x feet or dollars required"? This is what Solens does although their wire price is still double that compared to what we found at local wholesalers but decidedly cheaper than anything bought online even at places like Partsexpress.

I've never been more disgusted with the markup of products than i am now knowing how much increase is added from wholesaler to retailer. We are not talking about a couple of cents per foot. We are talking about markups in the several hundred percent range and this is just for the so-called low end zip cord type stuff!!
I cannot imagine the thousands of percent markup that go into the wires at even $6/ft and beyond.

It makes me furious. No wonder ppl in this world are greedy. They have to be to afford the RETAIL prices for things.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."