just to follow up on my post, the first place i was talking about.. the good place. well i had never been to a hifi shop before in my life. but since we were off the islands i made it a point to go to a couple. well we went in, the guy behind the desk asks me if i need any help with anything and i told him right off the bat i had never been to a hifi shop before and that i was just there to look at all the gear and stuff. and me and my mom just walked around going into the rooms and looking at stuff and then i walked into their high end stereo room. of course im standing there jaw dropped at the gear id never be able to afford. He comes in and asks if i wanna hear their best system and he puts on something and tells us to move the chairs back to the sweet spot and plays a song and im blown away and he knows we arent buying anything and treats us like we went in there to buy that system which was over 30 grand. Then he played a couple more systems and we went into their high end theater room and he asked if we wanted to watch the beginning of ice age, we sat down he started the movie and we watched like the first 10 mins or so. (whoa btw) we were there for i think over and hour. he was real nice and stuff. showed us the titanic memorabilia they have and he didnt care what my system was or didnt try to explain anything or nothing. real good.

Ok next place, i walked in there with the intention of maybe buying a cdp, the NAD 541i... this second place was about the size of one of the rooms in the other place. they had my cdp i wanted right in the front by the door, the guy was talking to one of his coworkers and then hes like can i help you? i told him what i was looking at and he walks over there and yada yada, asks me what my amp and speakers and stuff are. i could tell he was surprised when i told him what my amp was. as if he was expecting me to say an aiwa boombox. i asked how much.. because of course if im thinking of buying it i wanna know how much it is. he said it was the MSRP of 500 bucks so i just said i would look around, i looked at the gear that they had for about a min and he goes. you got another place with a cheaper price? yada yada and i told him maybe and stuff and that id think about it and stuff. by now im pretty uncomfortable with the situation and i just left. total time in the store? 3-5 mins. lol.