Hey Nick I did not mean to sound like I was arguing with you. I thought I said that too sorry. But Warner never got 400 million that number was BS made up by Toshiba. And it is a fact that nearly 70 percent of PS3 owners were using the PS3 to play Blu Rays. At least thats what many polls showed at the time

Here is a quote from Wikipedia

By August 2007, HD DVD appeared to have a promising future, was seeing its highest sales (though still substantially lower than Blu-ray)

Blu Ray with its late start was already selling 2 to 1 against HD DVD

Fox would never ever release movies on HD DVD because of HD DVDs lack of security. Blu was not any better in real life, but it had better specs on paper

Those 3 layer discs you mention would not work on any HD DVD player. They simply were not compatible Blu Ray has 4 layer discs now. But no one uses them except for storage, why? Because they are not compatible with the current hardware

Those reviews you mention was comparing bad Blu with best HD DVD

The upconverting was better, Really? Come on man you are better than that

And I am not arguing with you, Just chatting. But you have to understand, I was making my living. Writing and reviewing Blu and HD back then. So I used to get very, very angry mail every time I said some thing positive about Blu Ray. I have no love for either format, but HD DVD was a giant failure waiting to happen and I am glad it happened sooner than later

M80s QS8s VP150 SVS 25-31 Rotel RSX-1560