Originally Posted By: avsnoob10
I just auditioned Paradigm Studio 100/CC-690/ADP-590 all v5 and was really impressed with sound and look of it however after lot of reading I am learning that Axiom offers similar sound quality to Paradigm at a significantly lower cost and I am interested if any current Axiom owners had any opportunity to compare Axioms with Paradigm Studio line. My main usage would be about 60% movies/HT, 30% HD Cable and 10% would be music - Rock, Pop, some Hip-hop, Jazz, Indian classical, etc... I really like the fact that Axiom offers 30-day in home trial and my goal is to get some initial feedback before signing up for in-home trial. I have auditioned B&W 600 series as well but like the Paradigm's sound stage and bit brighter sound.

This is a topic I have mentioned before on a number of occasions along with other contributors in that when they first started out, many Canadian-based speaker companies(Paradigm, PSB, AND Axiom among others)all started their initial R&D using the sound facilities at the National Research Council in Ottawa, Ontario. They all essentially wanted to build a product that was as transparent and neutral as possible and these testing areas allowed them to do that.

Of course what you have today, regardless of price and particular choice of cabinet design with each manufacturer, are speakers that have a relatively similar sound , hence, the comments and comparisons you may have heard or read about which are essentially accurate. Paradigm and PSB, for example, sell through retailers and Axiom through the net so you will get a similar sounding speaker for significantly less money, better warranties and a much larger choice of cabinet finishes, should you wish them and that is along with the 30 day return guarantee.

I have had the Paradigm Studio Series(which are now in another part of my house)and now have Axiom M80s and other of their models in my A/V set-up. The Axiom line is simply much better value and with the many options of upgrading and quality of after market service gives you something that retailers just can't offer.