I had similar questions about my factory outlet order. When I ordered, the wait time for my black VP150 was 2 weeks, and the wait time for my black 22tis was 6 weeks. When I checked last week, the wait time for the 22tis had dropped to 5 weeks, but the wait time for the VP150 had ballooned to 13 weeks. So, I called customer service to see if I would have to now wait 13 weeks, and was told by a very nice lady, that my speakers would ship together (not separately) at the longest wait interval listed when I ordered, which, for me, meant 6 weeks (for you, 8 weeks). I just checked the outlet, and the wait time for the 22tis is still at 5 weeks, but the VP150 has dropped to 4 weeks. I've only got three more weeks to wait which is STILL shorter than the current wait times. Whew!

As for charging before shipment; that bothers me a little too, but I'm less concerned about the little interest at today's rates Axiom will earn, than I am about dealing with a company I'm not familiar with. However, over the countless weeks investigating, and the three weeks since ordering, I've come to believe, from all evidence gathered, that this is a fine company run by fine people, and they are a joy to deal with. So, I'm not concerned at this point.

Hope this answers your questions.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton