My wife's biggest complaint with our home theater has always been center speaker audibility. I've made things better with little tweaks here and there, changing placement above to below the screen, etc.

So then the monster VP180 comes out.

How would a single VP180 compare to say two VP150s with one above and one below a front projector screen? Previous discussions were about how a center above and below helped to get center channel audio to seem more like it is smack dab in the middle of the large screen.

I know that the driver configuration is different, but is the sound field large enough on the VP180 to do something similar and to nail the center channel audio to the center of the screen?

With me still trying to sell our house, I am not going to go out and buy something until we get moved in, but when I look at houses to buy, and I visualize what V4.0 of my home theater is going to be, I just wonder if I need to make sure that there is height for 2 center channels or not.

Obviously cost is a factor as well. I can keep my VP150 and just add another of even a VP100 for less than trading up to a VP180. Thoughts? Experiences from those who went to the VP180?

Thanks!

Farewell - June 4, 2020