well, i installed the new axiom QS8v3 surrounds and they work great. better than i could have imagined. the bracket installation was easy and the installation was easy too. though, since they don't make the QS8v3 in a dual binding post model, i could use the 14/4 bi-wire cable i made for them, so i converted them to standard 2 wire duty, simply doubling up on the conductors for each pole and they worked like a charm. also because of the design, i couldn't use my banana plug connectors so i went bare-back with them (i will accept responsibility for doing so :o:p;)) but that went smoothly too. and wow do they sound great, i mean really great too. before i go to bed, i'm gonna throw on some Elton John (DVD-A), Billy Joel (SACD/DSD) & AIX Records HD Video/Music Sampler on blu that came with the Oppos to check out the new surrounds with music. i'll comment on that tomorrow! here are a couple of shots!

bracket in place, secured to the wall. note the white monoprice 14/4 cable to the bottom right!

speaker mounted and in place.

QS8v3 shown here playing nicely with the step brother Polk TSi100, both are left channels with the Q being the surround left and the TSi being the surround back left. they and their right sided siblings play very nicely together in the background except for the fact that the TSi teases the QS because the polk has 4 terminal for speaker cable and is bi-wired and the QS only has 2 and feels a little left out, of course it throws it back at the Polk reminding it that it is he that has been adopted by the Axiom family, huh, children! wink :p laugh

SonySXRD55"
Marantz AV7702MKII pre-amp
Emotiva XPA-5,UPA-2amps,
14 Speakers, All Axiom
Oppo 105D&93