Which is why this hobby is so subjective. I would say before I stumbled into Axioms I was definately a 'dumb, warm' speaker kind of guy. I loved my music with a really fat boost in the bass and midbass range on the scale. I can honestly say if I'd discovered Axiom 5 to 10 years earlier than I did, I probably would have also sent them back for being too 'bright'. But I guess I've mellowed out to the point that when I first heard them (at SRoodes place), the absolutely stunning detail and revealing nature of the speakers appealled to me now.

And although I haven't revisited anything from my past days of listening, I can pretty comfortably predict that if I were to throw on some tunes on one of the 'warmer' set-ups I used to dig so much, they would probably sound a bit muddy to me now. Now that my ears are used to this flat response curve, I would say a colored signal would sound very off to me now. But, I do still remember when that was what I desired. So I can't critisize anyone who would rather listen to their music through a colored speaker. If that's what they like, then more power to them.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD