I have been eying the M22s and VP150 for a while and thought I'd be ready to purchase early next year. Then I found someone locally selling a pair of M22Tis and VP150. They were purchased in January 2002. The price is right, so I have to seriously consider them, but I have a few questions.

Obviously these speakers are almost 9 years old and we are now up to V3. Is the difference in audio quality insignificant enough to make it worth saving some money?

Also, I was planning to wall mount these (actually had been considering the in/on wall versions if I buy new). How far from the wall do they need to be mounted? I've got some brackets already but want to make sure I don't adversely affect their frequency response.

Honestly, I've never heard any Axiom speakers, so I'm just trusting what I've read online (which I suppose is the norm for first-time Axiom purchasers). I currently have Cambridge Soundworks MC300s for L-C-R. They sound pretty good to me but I expect the Axioms will be a significant improvement. Has anyone heard these compared to the CSWs to reaffirm my assumptions?

Thanks for any opinions.