Well I picked up the used Axioms. It was too good a deal to pass up and a cheap way to get my foot in the door with Axiom. After picking them up I realized the brackets I had in mind would be inadequate, so I'll have to come up with another mounting plan or order some FMBs.

Since I didn't get the M22s mounted, i haven't hooked them up for a listen. I did hook up the VP150. I didn't run Audyssey or change any settings since I'll have to run it again anyway with the M22s.

Obviously it's a little premature for a full review, but I noticed an immediate (and significant) difference with the VP150. Although I was happy with the MC300s, I thought that if anything the lower midbass had room for improvement, particularly in the center channel. It's no surprise based on the bigger drivers and cabinet that there was a significant improvement there, but what really struck me was the tweeters. I knew the MC300s were on the warm side with the silk dome tweeter, but next to the Axiom they sounded dead and lifeless.

I had an iPod hooked up and started playing some music (Dolby PLII Music, admittedly relatively low bitrate MP3)and thought it might be borderline too bright (or almost *gasp* sibilant, although anyone who has read anything about Axioms in general and Tis vs V2 or V3s in particular on the internet may be expecting or overly sensitive to this). Then I put in NIN Beside You In Time in the Blu Ray, and it sounded just perfect.

I can't wait to get the M22s hooked up and hear the full front soundstage. They may cure my upgraditis for quite some time (I was going to say for good, but we all know how that goes). If not, they'll probably get me at least what I paid for them in Axiom bucks through the auction if I "need" to upgrade in the future.

I was surprised to find that there are no mounting points on the back of the M22s. I guess the fact that I got them used will make it easier for me to sink screws into the back of them.