Jerry. The grills are sub standard. Nobody is going to argue with you on that. I'm sure Axiom would make it right, but I don't think there is much point.

I am going to repeat something I posted much earlier in this thread. You seem to prefer a speaker with more rolled off highs.

I would suggest you return the M3s and do some listening at local audio shops that have proper listening rooms. Start with something like the B&W 6 series as I think they would be closer to what you are looking for. Once you have found something more to your liking you have a number of options open to you.

1. Buy new and be done with it. Since money is tight, this probably won't be an option (though you never know...).

2. Look for the speaker you have found on the used market. Audiogon.com is a good place to buy used. You can also look in your local Craigs List.

3. Go to an audio site like audioholics.com, post you preference in speakers and ask for alternative recommendations. There will be tons of people willing to help you find something that fits both your budget and listening preference.

I'm confident that you can find a speaker that fits your needs and I hope you do.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!