Hello folks,

I am looking for a new sub. I have been out shopping and found out that what I would really like probably doesn't exist. Let me explain.

I initially went out to look at a Paradigm DSP-3200. I found the way it plays to be comparible to my old sub. However, after listen to it the salesman brought in a REL T1. I loved the way it disappeared, making my main speakers just seem bigger and not making itself known. Problem was that when listening to movies (which is 95% of what I would use it for) it could not give me that punch when called apon for explosions...etc. During non-action passages it was very nice however it lacked that key ingredient.

I then listened to a Sunfire True subwoofer junior,and a $4k velodyne. Here I found the exact opposite. Like the Paradigm and my old sub these made its pressence know at all times which I found fatiging (granted the Velodyne was les intrusive). Even turned down I heard an over abundance of bass in passages where I didn't think it was nessasary, however, when that explosion happened I got that punch I want.

Is there such a sub that disappears (i.e. making your mains just sound bigger) and yet, during those theatrical instances that require it to go BOOM! it can? The child of a REL T1 and a Sunfire.