I have an RX-V1400/M60/VP150/QS8/Hsu VTF-3R. I tend to agree with Alan Lofft. I don't fully trust YPAO. The wiring, distance, and level checks work OK. However it sometimes chooses a 200Hz bass crossover. The bass output YPAO selects seems insufficient for my tastes, but maybe that's just me. I'm suspicious about the EQ settings -- sometimes it picks fairly large + and - boosts/cuts close together. E.g, +5db at 120hz, -3db at 200hz.

Tonight my system just didn't sound right so after re-running YPAO several times I turned off the EQ by switching to graphical-flat. It sounded a lot better afterward.

No matter how well YPAO works, it does nothing for my SACD player, which uses the RV-V1400 multichannel analog in. For that I have to do a manual level calibration, manual speaker size/config selection, and there's no EQ available since analog in bypasses the RX-V1400's EQ.

I think in theory things like YPAO and MCACC are great, and the current products are decent early steps towards a highly refined, comprehensive auto calibration. However there's a way to go before this is sufficiently robust, reliable, and easy to use.