Thanks for the link.
I am not looking for an EXACT match...but a close likeness of sound be it direct firing or dispersed. For instance if you have a helicopter start on your right ..fly to your left and then zoomed off to your left rear surround...would you expect to have the sound of the helicopter (pitch and timbre) flow nicely from each of those speaker with almost the same sound. This would provide a more lifelike or at least continuity of the same sound throught the Home Theater environment. The reason why Dolby Pro Logic, DD and DTS was created was to immerse the audience with lifelike enveloping sound. Having all speakers tonally and tibre matched (just as close as possible..not exactly match because you are saying it is not possible)
Hence why some people have upgraded their rear surrounds from Polks to QS8 because the QS8 matches their VP150 and M60 more closely.
Timbre and pitch matching by making sure all your drivers in your speaker array are closely similar makes a better presentation. Hence the many dicussion about individuals here matching the M60 with the Qs8 rather than the Qs4...and with the rest of the Axiom line. But the other individuals have different brands and drivers have speakers that do not match in timbre and pitch. By using EQ calibrating software like YPAO and MCACC it tries to match tibre and pitch as close as possible. Yes this mucks up the frequency response of some speakers...to make it less flat. But I find over all presentation for Home Theater a lot better for MY situation.
I still don't get why people carry on with the flat frequency CRAP. No one here can tell if a speaker has a flat frequency or not...by giving a good listen. Your ear will tell you what sound you like or not.
I laugh all the time when someone says the Axiom are the best sounding speaker..they have a flat frequency. Speakers like the Revel Ultima, Wilson Watt Puppy 7, B&W 801 do not have a flat frequency and cost many times the Axioms. If all those speakers plus a M80 or M60 were in a the same room and they had a choice to walk away with any of the speakers after they gave a listen but only one. I'd like to see who walks out of that room with those M80.
Axioms are great speakers for the price and speakers around its range. Hands down. It is by no means the final word. A lot of people here talk like it is.