Audio Shamans? Need more of them to balance out the know- nothing-know-it-alls don't you think?

You can discount reports of the good effects of some tweaks or different cabling in a given system as the 'placebo' effect, but on the other hand, maybe a theory that says these things can have no audible effect is an inadequate theory.

In any case, Bren, folks of differing opinion hang out on this website. Agreeing with any particular point of view on tweaks or cables is not a requirement for "hanging around here."

I picked up some acoustic foam from partsexpress.com.

Opened up a pair of M66s (similar driver compliment but to the M50Ti but smaller cabinet). Cut the foam and laid it in to damp the cabinets. Bass definitely tightened up and the speakers sound even better than before, even before break-in. (just kidding - about the break-in.)

My garage system is set out on a large wood table. 2 Dahlquist DQM 905s, Yamaha M80 amp, JVC XM405 CDP. Under the table is a 10" subwoofer. When I crank it a bit, gets pretty ragged - because at least the CDP is dancing maybe the amp as well. I isolated the CDP with a cut up Office Depot wrist pad - much better. Set some under the amp and speakers - sounds great.

See, without a grand theory of everything audio, or a bunch of retired sound fellas to rely on, some folks consider what they read, and rely on what they try and what they hear.

If audio faith were worthless, then what kind of folks would rely on the testimony of people like us as to how much we like Axiom speakers? Fools by your lights I guess.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.