PMB, are you sure it's not the placebo effect? I'm kidding, of course. I love my Axioms, because they reproduce music and movies so beautifully. However, if someone says that damping a component has an audibly beneficial effect, folks accuse the reporter of "misleading," or suffering from the "placebo effect."

Although Bren may think it's a matter of the "Emporer's new clothes," and cause Chesseroo to giggle, what I'm saying is that folks who discount reports of improved sound due to cabling or tweaks based on their profound understanding of the science of it all, may not have a sufficiently deep understanding of the science involved to justify their opinions ... opinions based not on experience - it is those who report and attribute some audible change to the tweak who are reporting from experience, but rather opinions based on the critics' self-proclaimed understanding of theory.

For those who rely on Dr. Toole's double blind tests regarding cabling from some years ago, I don't doubt his results with the systems and cabling tested. I'd hesitate before extrapolating from his results. But then again, I don't claim to know it all or mock folks who disagree with me.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.