Murphyman, I would have to say that my experience is very similar to yours. I am thoroughly impressed with the sound that I am getting from the M80's and haven't heard anything that I would say is harsh or overly bright.

The bright sound may have something to do with the source, although I am not an expert on this by any means. I have read in reviews that the amplification of Denon and Outlaw is brighter than some other manufacturers. That might have some impact on the sound other Axiom listeners are hearing. Having said that, there is a thread at outlawaudio.com where Axiom owners have some very nice things to say about Axioms, including the M80's, so I may very well be wrong. I am using an Arcam integrated amp, and the sound is very open, clean and balanced.

This is a great time of year. I go home, turn on the TV for a game (basketball or hockey), put the mute on, and immerse myself in music. What a great way to waste time! (This is even though both my Dallas Mavs and Vancouver Canucks went out a long time ago - and the Lakers are still alive. I'm not a Wings fan but I do like Yzerman)

Ed