Originally Posted By: Argon
Originally Posted By: terzaghi
Yeah, Most of my repairs have taken 3-4 weeks minimum. Only once did I get it within 2 weeks and that was on my 5th failure with expedited shipping.

Any idea why they keep replacing with the same model? If they have improved models that do not suffer from this "affliction", it seems that they would use the better technology?

You will not get the same model back. It will be a refurbished console that will have the latest xbox live update applied to it. If you check the back of the console you will probably get one that has a 2010 date. I have one with a date of 2009 and the disk drive runs much quieter and console runs cooler when playing disks. If you download your games on the HDD then it will help both of these issues even more. IIRC getting a free replacement was less than 10 days. However, MS has one of their repair centers only like 3 hours away from where I live.

MS might have changed their policy where they charge you a fee if they process your repair over the phone. In that case processing the repair over the internet would be preferred.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne