As some of you know I am doing some remodeling of the Plex (Version 3), do to a sump pump failure earlier this year. Had to rip out most of our carpeting/padding. I put Dri-core subflooring down this time to get things up off the concrete.

I am also enclosing the theater portion off from the rest of the recroom/bar section. It will make the room a bit smaller, but I think I will like the isolation more and hope to improve on acoustics in the room.

One of the mistakes I made the first go around was not putting in enough jacks for subwoofer placement. All this talk about multiple subwoofers was not discussed much back then. I have been frustrated with running long lengths of cable from one sub to the other daisy chaining them around the baseboards.

So, now that I have the framing done, I need advice on how to set this all up.

I went to Home Depot today, they have a lot of Leviton products that offer modular Quickattach jacks/wall plates for speaker wire, F-Connector, etc. I was unable to find a freaking RCA jack, what is up with that? so at this poing I am planning on using Coax within the walls to each location, using two Leviton F-type connectors. Then I will have to buy some shorter length cables to go to the sub in that location with an adapter to go from the RCA back to the F-Connector to hook to the wall plate. Seems cobbled, but don't seen another option.

Also, the reason I am planning on putting to jacks at each plate, then I can run a second shorter cable from my line-out on the Sub A, back to the same plate, and have another coax run within the wall running over to the next wall plate. Basically, daisy chaining within the walls, if that makes sense.

The alternative is to run seperate runs to each location, but that is going to involve purchasing a lot more cable.

Unless this Home Depot didn't have much for supplies, I can't believe they don't make a modular jack with RCA on the outside, and F-Type on the back side to hook to the coax within the wall.

thanks for listening....ps: I would prefer to get stuff locally this time to rush the project, versus ordering online.

Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85