Removing the Cable Towers for comparison was definitely a step in the wrong direction. "What the hell is my carpet doing to my stereo?" was scribbled in my listening notes. Comparatively, the music shone weakly through a less-transparent window, dynamic range was reduced, the toms sounded more like plastic buckets than drums and the grinding crunch of the heavy guitars was less crunchy - like cereal that sits too long in milk. I couldn't wait to switch back and continue listening with the Cable Towers again.

Removing the Cable Towers made the noise from my carpet more apparent. The music sounded distorted in comparison. When Milne played massive chords on the piano, the instrument sounded grainy as if the notes were blurred together. The clarity of the higher frequencies was also lessened so that the sharp attacks of the hammers on the strings sounded rounded off. Like early spring in North Carolina when the bright green plants are covered in yellow pollen, the musical colors were tainted. The effect of the Cable Towers was like a spring shower that washed off the pollen-covered trees and revived the vivid greens of new life.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/dedicated2/cabletower.html

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne