Yep, Nash is still pretty active. He was mostly working with Rob Vanderhorst (who made all the neat paintings used in the background videos) and touring as "Two Artists".

http://www.nashtheslash.com/news/

FM used to play the Gasworks in Toronto a lot, which was just up the road from where I lived when going to U of T. Nash didn't wear the bandages at the time - that came later. FM was actually a two piece band at first - just Nash and Cam - and I was lucky enough to see them at one of their first performances up at York University. There were some "interesting" concerts after FM added a drummer (Marty Deller) while the band was settling in and learning how to work as a three-piece wink

"One O'Clock Tomorrow" is still a strong candidate for my "best song ever", although it's really hard to find a good recording of it these days. The best IMO was on a "Night at 11" broadcast (CHUM-FM, I think) that we recorded and played until the cassette wore out.

For a while Nash skipped the double-tracked mandolin solo in One O'Clock Tomorrow - I (and presumably others) complained about it and asked him to go back to playing it again. One day they were performing at the El Mocambo but my car broke down on the way so I arrived late. Nash came by our table between sets - his hand seemed to be bleeding a bit - sat down and asked what I thought of the mandolin solo. Apparently it was "the performance of a lifetime". And I missed it. Auggh !!

The recording on the "Lost In Space" CD (Nash has it on his site) is probably the best available today.

Last edited by bridgman; 01/30/11 03:09 AM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8