Originally Posted By: Adrian
I mentioned on the "What are you listening to" thread that I was listening to some FM...the group, not the radio, btw. These guys were a 3 piece group, originally 2 piece(!), and were around primarily in the mid-late 70s/early 80s when prog rock was quite popular. You can hear several influences in the groups music...perhaps Yes, Rush(esp Cameron Hawkin's bass guitar) and some other groups of the period. A noteable and interesting factoid of the group was that, aside from the bass guitar played by Hawkins(he simultaneously played two synths/pedals/sang), there were no guitars. "Nash the Slash" played an electric Mandolin instead of the group using guitars(expt bass). Anyway, it's a shame these guys lacked a decent promoter(it seems), because imo, "Black Noise" is a brilliant album compared with any of the other well known prog albums of the time. Check them out...

Phasors on Stun

Black Noise

Aldebaran

Slaughter in Robot Village

Great post , FM is one of my all time favorite bands and i have vinyl and cd's .

If you are into vinyl and you do not have this one , buy "Head Room" which is a Direct to Disk they did and its awesome .

If anyone is interested , i was at a record store last sat. on Lake Shore rd. in southern Miss. and he had a copy in very good condition .

XPA-3
VP-180v3
M80v3
Svs PC-12 Plus
SVS SSS-2
PS-3
Sharp 60" LED
OPPO BDP-93
Anthem MRX500