Adrian, i lie all the time.
this means that what i just wrote is not true.
if it's not true that "i lie all the time", then
i told the truth;
if i told the truth when i said "i lie all the time",
it means that...(you fill the rest...).

Joking aside, what i wrote was true; with eyes closed, in a darkened room, each instrument had a definite place and space in front and to the sides, was faithfully reproduced (no distortion), and with those tweeters, the ambiance was very palpable. High frequency instruments, like cymbals, sound true, not like a hissing snake.

the midrange is clear as a bell, and i find that voices, both male and female, have excellent reproduction.
depth of field (a photographic term) is superb from side to side, and from front to back. (just found the right term: imaging).

i don't say anything about bass, as i've always used the sub.

i was not too sure that the M80s, at that price, would better my Energy 22 Ref, speakers known to be among the best 20 years ago.
i thought that maybe they will be about the same, but i'm more and more inclined to think that the improvements are significant, although i would never qualify them as "night and day"; the differences are subtle, but well worth it.

if the Energy's were called "Reference", then i can easily say the same for the M80s. Axiom could easily change the name to Axiom M80 Reference.

another thing that i like a lot is the speaker's capacity to take on most amps. Sometimes i was stretching my Energy's to their max, and it always worried me a bit; i have absolutely no fear with the
M80s, they can take the power and still deliver low distortion.

I never lie ;-) and i don't understand about the Sade CD; i only know the name.

Last edited by J. Bellemare; 02/06/11 02:15 AM.