I have an Onkyo 787 receiver and just upgraded my system with two Axiom M3s in front. I originally had two sets of Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble systems, one in front, the other for the rear surround and a Cambridge Center Channel Plus speaker. I replaced the front Ensembles with the M3s, and connected an old NAD 150 w/channel amp to the two Ensemble 8" subs. I watched Star Wars Episode One the other night, and can honestly say that I have never heard a better surround system!!! The room was shaking and the sound was still crystal clear. And that's in a 13'x18' room with an 18' ceiling. The M3s in stereo sound great on their own, much cleaner and more efficient than the Ensemble system. The addition of the subwoofers fills in the very bottom. The previous configuration sounded pretty good, but it just didn't have an "audiophile" level sound quality. I was originally looking into getting towers for the front, but didn't want the added size. The M3s produce a much fuller sound than the Ensemble system, but they didn't add that much size, and with the addition of the subwoofers, they sound like full size speakers.