My understanding is that the VaSSallos are real wood that has been stained, and not veneer overlaid on particle board, like the Boston Cherry and Black are, etc. (But you may be right, it just says real wood finish, not real wood.) I just wanted to try out the VaSSallos and see what they looked like. It was fairly close to matching the Cinnimon Beech of my subwoofer, which is vinyl, except a shade lighter. After I've seen them, I prefer the real wood looks over the black and the Boston Cherry. I'm not sure what I'll end up replacing the others with. I don't really like the look of what I have, but it sounds good. M80 or M60 may be too big for that spot, but that's another idea for some time later.

There is a floor between where I mounted the TV and the VP100. The TV is mounted on a single center stud. I removed the stud for the VP100 from access I had from the floor below. I'm going to put 3 new studs in that spot. There is horizontal wood above that return vent, so the length of the studs are only a couple of feet long. That will give me plenty of wood to attach the replacement drywall to and mount the M2 to.

I had thought about mounting a VP180 in-cabinet there, but after measuring, there wasn't enough depth between the wall and where some duct work was coming out of the top of the furnace.

Last edited by CatBrat; 02/13/11 01:16 AM.