I have a 563, and I think you have to go into a menu and tell it what track to default to. it may be playing the high rez 5.1 track, which would only output an analog signal from the multi-outs. Most DVD-a's have a high res stereo track that will output through the analog stereo outs, as well as a DD or DTS track that will output through the digital out. All hybrid SACD's have a CD compatible track that would also go out through the analog stereo outs.

In the Initial Settings menu, there is a DTS out setting...if your receiver can decode DTS this should be set to DTS. If your receiver cannot decode DTS, it should be set to DTS>PCM. under the Linear PCM out setting, you may need to set to Down Sample On if your receiver cannot handle 96khz audio.

In the DVD Playback mode, you will need to set it to DVD-video to have the 563 play the DD 5.1 track instead of the hi-res 5.1 track. Under SACD plaback, you will need to set it to CD area.

All the above is assuming your 563 is connected to your receiver by a digital optical or coaxial connection. I believe the above will also work if you are using the analog stereo connections.

Mark

"Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff"