Originally Posted By: BobKay
Originally Posted By: Adrian
Does anyone else eat the crappy part of the cake out first, then eat the pile of icing left around the outside afterwards?

Of course. Millions of people do. They're called "children."

Brought back great memories. As a child, I would eat all the cake, leaving a monstrous mound of chocolate frosting for the last bite. Just before stuffing that last bite into my mouth, my father would point at something out the window and I would turn to see what interested him. I would turn back to find my mound of yummy sugar missing and my father with a full mouth and delighted grin. Naturally, I assumed the worst.

Fortunately, my father was NOT an ogre. After allowing me to suffer for an appropriate length of time, he would produce the missing frosting which had been neatly hidden beneath a napkin while I agonized and raged. For some reason he thought this hysterically humorous. I had other opinions. wink

While I no longer indulge in the practice of saving all the frosting for the last bite, I do enjoy those bites where I can maneuver my fork to get more frosting than cake in any given bite.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton