Mark,

I have a few couple of specialty fabric shirts that I bought for Kayaking mostly but also biking. They definitely do what they say about wicking away moisture and that can be a big part of keeping you comfortable and cool or alternatively, warm.

This is especially true for off-season water sports where if cotton gets wet, you are less likely to get hypothermia by stripping off the stupid shirt than by leaving a wet cotton shirt on.

Now of course, a golf game is not normally a water sport but I heard your's often is. (Damn, where is my snicker dog picture?)

In short they do what they promise on the heat/cool side but I don't know if the UV bit is neccessary. I've certainly never gotten a sunburn underneath a shirt before but with today's evil rays, maybe it's best to block even filtered portions.

Final note: They are waaaayyyyy over priced verses their production costs (friend in the business.) I never buy them unless they are at least 50% off and even then they are making money.

Last edited by Murph; 08/19/11 12:34 PM. Reason: people might wonder why the word beet was in there

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.