I was prescribed glasses last summer, and as a result I have been relegated to using the Windows 7 onscreen keyboard to type everything because the headset I previously wore for dictation would knock my spectacles ajar. I don't know if any of you have used it, but it's highly inefficient (having limited dexterity only adds to this). A lot of my posts here and elsewhere would take me over an hour to compose.

So, I searched high and low for a good table microphone and came across this. It's definitely not cheap at almost $400 Canadian (after you include shipping and duties), but so far it has performed beyond my expectations. I currently have it's sitting on a table beside my bed so the microphone is about six inches from my face, but by changing a setting on the microphone, you can accurately dictate from several feet away; it's truly impressive and I can see how it has received high praise online from reviewers and Nuance-the creators of Dragon Naturally Speaking-as well.

I highly recommend this to anyone that's looking for an alternative to cumbersome and uncomfortable headsets.

Last edited by Powertothepeople; 02/25/12 10:03 PM.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.